18 × 12 in
Bainbridge Island Museum of Art
A completely self-taught artist bookmaker, James Enos does amazing mash-ups, using the characters of the 1990’s Full House television show as the protagonists of major Hollywood films and animated movies; he is especially fond of mashing up Don Bluth films.
James rewrites the entire screenplay by hand in a pseudo-Roman manner (no punctuation, no spacing) and interweaves these composition books’ narratives with exuberant marker pen drawings of the villains of each movie.
The result is a lush universe of animated unique books that use incredibly courageous structures such as 8 page (or more) gatefolds and stunningly unique typography and page and book design modality.
This Full House The Movie/A Don Bluth/The Magic Cauldron mash-up is just an incredible journey through both pure Americana and the universe of James Enos.
Acclaimed artists’ bookmaker cult heroine binder Sophia Kramer brings structural integrity and readability to James’ amazing structures.
James is completely self-taught and his unique and courageous book structures are completely his own designs. He currently creates his artwork at North Pole Studio in Portland, Oregon. Booklyn is proud to partner with North Pole Studio and the Enos family in supporting the artwork of neurodivergent and differently-abled artists like James Enos.
1. Bainbridge Island Museum of Art, “Full House, The Movie, A Don Bluth, The Magic Cauldron”
2. University of California, Los Angeles, “Full House, Star Wars”
3. University of Central Florida, “Full House the Movie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
4. Yale University, Haas Family Arts Library, “Nickeloden Hercules/Rugrats Rasputin”
5. University of Delaware, “Tarzan”
6. Amherst, College, KId Stuff MCA UNIVERSEL HOME STORY BOOK FULL HOUSE The Movie THE BLACK CAULDRON…”