Zoe Beloff Box Set
Zoe Beloff Box Set
24 × 30 × 7 in
Box set of 16 Risograph prints (24.5″ x 16.775″ each) , 6 publications, an offset broadsheet, and monograph colophon describing each work. Box dimensions 18.5 x 23.75 x 2 inches. Edition of 6.
The projects included here spans a period of ten years. They involve a range of media; films, drawings, archival documents and books organized around a series of overlapping themes. They explore relationships between labor and technology, architecture and social life, immigration and refuge, and idea for new forms of community. They confront inequality in its many guises.
Zoe Beloff grew up in Edinburgh, Scotland where she studied painting and drawing. In 1980 she moved to New York to study at Columbia University where she received an MFA in Film. She is an artist and filmmaker. Her projects often involve a range of media including films, drawings and archival documents. Zoe’s work has been featured in international exhibitions and screenings; including the Whitney Museum Biennales 1997 and 2002, Site Santa Fe, the M HKA museum in Antwerp, and the Pompidou Center in Paris. Also at alternative venues that are free and open to the community for events and conversations. These have included in New York City; The Coney Island Museum, Participant, Momenta and The James Gallery at the CUNY Graduate Center. She has been awarded fellowships from. The Graham Foundation, the Guggenheim Foundation, The Foundation for Contemporary Arts, The Radcliffe Institute at Harvard and the New York Foundation for the Arts. She is a professor at Queens College CUNY.
Box set Includes:
1. “Between Worlds : an asylum seeker in America”, 24.5″ x 16.775″ Series of 16 Risograph prints, edition of 20. Published September 1, 2018 by the Charles Nypels Lab, Van Eyck Maastricht
2. “Between Worlds : an asylum seeker in America”, 12” x 17”, Book, edition of 100. 2018.
3. “Emotions go to Work”, 6.5″ x 9.25″, Hand printed 5 color Risograph book, 65 pages An edition of 200 copies. Published September 1, 2018 by Minor Compositions, London/ New York/ Port Watson
4. “A World Redrawn: Eisenstein and Brecht in Hollywood” 8″ x 10″, Book, 152 pages
Published September 27, 2016 by Christine Burgin.
5. “The Infernal Dream of Mutt and Jeff” 5.5″ x 8.5″ zine, 31 pages.
6. “The Coney Island Amateur Psychoanalytic Society and its Circle”, 8″ x 10″ Book, 128 pages. Published November 2010 by Christine Burgin
7. “Albert Grass: Adventures of a Dreamer” 8″ x 10.25″, Book, 53 color pages. Published November 2010 by Christine Burgin
8. “The Days of the Commune” 17″ x 22.5″, Offset broadsheet, 2011.