Booklyn Art Gallery (B.A.G.) Zine Box Set
Booklyn Art Gallery (B.A.G.) Zine Box Set
Digital print, Silkscreen, Xerox
Custom box, Pamphlet, Stapled
Out of Print
Franklin and Marshall College
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
University of Central Florida (UCF)
University of Miami
The Booklyn Art Gallery Zine Box Set includes 14 zines with work from over 50 artists. Each zine was produced as a companion to an exhibition of the same name and theme that took part in a series of exhibitions curated by Aimee Lusty over the course of a year, from June 2011 to June 2013. This series of group exhibitions was dedicated to providing self-publishing artists, who often share their work through printed matter and other ephemeral media, with a platform for exhibition, experimentation, and exploration outside of the printed format. Each edition is published not only to document and archive each exhibition but also to act as an affordable and accessible means of collecting this artwork. While traditionally each zine is xerox on paper, no two editions are the same. Several are embellished with screen-printed or hand-cut covers and incorporate stenciled and recycled material. Each edition is limited to under 150.
1. Master of Reality: Set of 4 zines, Xerox on colored paper, dimensions variable. Edition of 50. Milano Chow, Gary Kachadourian, STO, Cynthia Daignault.
2. Hunter/Gatherer: Xerox on cream paper, hand-stenciled recycled cardboard covers, 46 pages, 9 x 7.5 inches. Edition of 50. Jon Bocksel, Evan Robarts, Scott Meyers, Jason Kachadourian, Jessica Wiliams.
3. Out of Print: Xerox on white paper, screen printed cover, 42 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 50. Casey Farnum, Mike Taylor, Dina Kelberman, Jason Roy.
4. Cheap Art America: Xerox on white paper, 14 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 50. MacGregor Harp and Victor Hu.
5. Input/Output: Xerox on colored paper, hand-cut covers, comb-bound, 58 pgs, 8.5 x 11 inches. Edition of 75. Alexander Heir, Jess Poplawski, Keith Pavia, Katie Plassche, Victor Giannini.
6. Awkhold: 12 unbound artworks (watercolor, ink, silkscreen, Xerox, digital prints), sizes vary, housed within sealed 7 x 7-inch clear plastic record sleeve. Edition of 150. Sam Kalda, Annemieke Beemster Leverenz, Andrew Liang, Aimee Lusty, Becca McCharen, Asa Osborne, Jan Razauskas, Jason Roy, Ryan Jacob Smith, Crystal Stokowski, Christine Buckton Tillman, Erin Womack.
7. Stones in Your Pocket: Xerox on white paper, linocut cover, 36 pgs, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 65. Cardiff Sessions and Guest Artists.
8. USA Today: Xerox on white paper, screen printed cover, 60 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 60. Heather Benjamin, Noah Lyon, Jack Laughner, Ian McGillivray, Marshall Weber, and Fred Rinne, Ryan Jacob Smith.
9. Surprise!!! Issue 6: Xerox on colored paper, color cover, 30 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 75. Calder Swicky and Aaron Wojack.
10. Patterns of Behavior: Xerox on colored paper, 52 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 60. Sara Berks, Rob Corradetti, Patrick Costello, Jonathan Ryan Storm, Hannah Waldron, Brian Willmont.
11. Weird World: Full-color digital print on white paper, saddle-stitch, 36 pages, 8.5 x 5.5 inches. Edition of 100. Aaron Wojack, Andrew Williams, Atisha Paulson, Christian Storm, Dawn Hedberg, Jake Begin, Kasia Gumpert, Kate Wadkins, Lynnette Miranda, Maggie Lee, Marcus Tanner, Marshall Weber, Matt Sidella, Maxim Ryazansky, Mike O’Shea, Mike Spears, Sam de Poto, Scott Meyers, Shin Yu Pai, Suzana Zak, Trevor Powers.
12. Odd Volume: Xerox on cream paper, comb-bound, 62 pages, 8.5 x 11 inches. Edition of 75. Alex Kujawski, Andrew Bernero, Bill Abdale, Casey Farnum, Casey Tang, Chris Zirbes, Cosbe, Luke Allen, Lynnette Miranda, Megan Plunkett, Nick Wallin, Ryan Syrell, Sean Keenan & Jeff Eaton, Susan Belle, Zebadiah Keneally.
13. To Preserve + Protect: Full-color archival inkjet print on 110 lb cream cover stock, Japanese stab-binding, 14 pages, 8.5 x 11 inches. Edition of 75. Elana Adler, Jon Bocksel, Candace Hicks, Jason Kachadourian, Adams Puryear.
14. Portrait of the Artist As A Young Dude: Laser printed with colored inkjet centerfold on yellow paper, 7 x 8.5 inches, 32 pages. Edition of 100. David Sandlin, Jason Roy, Josh Freydriks, Lale Westvind, Maren Karlson, Mike Taylor.